...In The Valley of the Kvetching Magnolias!

Sunday, September 2, 2007

High points and Low Points

Today was the kind of day that reveals all that's great about travel and a lot that totally sucks. Here are some things that suck and were pretty cool>
1) I woke up early to remember that the night before I lost my journal, and probably left it at a shoddy internet cafe. This journal included lots of information that could lead to identity theft! I am a total idiot SUCK... But to my amazement it was there where I left it... FUN TIMES!
2) I went to this great small town outside of San Jose called Orosi. It nestled in this beautiful valley with Irazu Volcano towering above. I watched un partido de futbol in the town sqaure while sipping un Imperial (Costa Rica's national beer)... FUN TIMES! But oh man the public transportation...SUCK.

In truth, there were more "fun times" then "suck." But I'm learning how humbling travel can be. I'm learning to accept my role as big fat gringo nerd in beefy hiking boots, swishy nylon pants, and butchered Spanish. Orosi was truly beautiful, worth visiting even though there's very little there.

I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow! I'm leaving San Jose, but not sure where to. Either jungle or beach. Got an opinion? LEAVE A COMMENT=FUN TIMES.

I might not have easy internet access for a few days, so all the best.
Danny at Bekuo Hostel, San Jose

5 comments:

Anya said...

Hi Danny!! It all sounds amazing and wonderful and i'm so impressed and SOOOO jealous. Have a great time (i vote beach)...i'm living vicariously through you so...

It was great to see you friday! So glad i got a chance to see you before you left. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. xoxox Anya

J. Steinberg said...

What Up Danny, Awesome Blog. this is actually the first blog i have ever seen. anyway, when most people tell me about their travel experiences i begin to snore, but for some reason, maybe because i actually like you, i'm captivated. I'm happy to hear that things are well and yada yada yada.
school starts tomorrow for me and i live in an extremely small room but i have a wicked view that stretches all the way out to queens. much manlove. -jeff

brandon said...

what's happening man? Sorry we didn't get to meet up the short while you were in NYC... I have to disagree with Anya on this one and say the jungle.
-brandon

brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Jabbar said...

Danny! You have no idea how worried I was when you said you lost that journal--que lastima! Good thing people don't normally pick up journals when they're out to steal.

Anyways, I don't really have time to comment much on this, but know that I am reading it whenever I can! Te extraño.